We see logo designing all around us. To the public, a logo serves as an identifier of a particular company, its values and its brand recognition. iBrandox
creates bespoke logos for companies, especially in Delhi, which help in growing the business and is symbolic of the company’s goals. We share a few tips from them on how to improve logo designing
- A logo should be simple: it allows for easy recognition, and makes the logo versatile and memorable.
- A logo should be enduring: the logo should stand the test of time. It should be future proof, meaning that the logo should be relevant even 50 years down the line.
- Versatility of logo: an effective logo should be able to work across a wide variety of mediums and apps.
- Appropriate: the logo should be appropriate for its intended purposes.
- Establish the design process: every designer has his/her own process, but roughly it boils down to the following steps; Design Brief, Research, Reference, Sketching and conceptualizing, Reflection and Presentation.
- Learn from others: let’s face it: there is no shame in learning from others. There are some hugely popular global brands that have gone from strength to strength based on the quality of their products and services as well as their identity, which in this case is the logo. That attained knowledge can be applied to your work too.
- Avoid cliches: steer clear of visual clichés while designing, also do NOT steal, copy or “borrow” other designs. It will make you look stupid at the end.
You should follow these up by researching the audience, immersing yourself in the brand, and do your online research. Follow these tips and you should do just fine.