One of the most frequently asked questions out there is “what is SEO marketing and how it works?” For those businesses which are just starting out or redesigning the websites, Search Engine Optimization or SEO might seem daunting. But in essence, it is an exact science and art. SEO is the practice of increasing both the quality as well as the quantity of web traffic, giving exposure to your brand with the help of non-paid or organic search results.
What is SEO?
In spite of the acronym, SEO is concerned with how people think and search for stuff online and it tries to understand how the people think, what they are searching for online, the kind of answers they are looking for, what kind of words they are using, and finally what content they are engaging with. If, as the owner of a small business that has a presence on the internet, you get the answers to these questions, you will be in a better position to modify the content on your site to make it more searchable and relatable to the people you wish to connect with. SEO is concerned with both knowing what the audience wants and also delivering it in a way that is friendly to be searched via a search engine, which is the main way in which people use the internet.
SEO Marketing involves making a few key changes to the website design as well as the included content so that the site becomes a lot more attractive to a search engine like Google. SEO marketing is concerned with modifying and streamlining the website to make it receptive to organic traffic, i.e. the traffic that comes through a search engine.
How does a search engine function?
Search engines are always geared towards providing the best search results for its users. They will deliver accurate results on the search pages, these are of high quality and also very relevant to what the user is looking for. To achieve this, the search engines will scan and crawl a whole lot of websites in a matter of seconds in order to better understand what the concerned site is all about and if it is pertinent to what the user wants. People use search engines to find out information and this is in the form of keywords and topics, hence the search engines will be looking for these keywords when it scans the site. Also, the search engines will actively scan the website in question to figure out how navigable and easy to read it is, rewarding the user-friendly sites with higher rankings on the SERP’s or Search Engine Results Page.
Role of content in SEO marketing
In SEO marketing, the content on the website plays a major role in its success. Content happens to be very effective in both attracting the search engines and also connecting with the visitors to the site. The more you have high-quality content that is relevant, the higher up in the SEOP your website will be. Also, the more you have engaging and also effective content on your website, the greater the chances of visitors to your website reading them. The secret to content creation that is engaging is to have a wide variety of different content pieces that are very well written and on the pertinent topics that the visitor wants to read about.
In order to increase the web traffic to your website through SEO marketing, there are different types of content that you can publish:
- Blog posts
- How-to guides
- Video recording
- Audio recording
When you or an agency working for you for SEO marketing are creating content, the focus should be on SEO phrases and keywords. These happen to be relevant words as well as phrases that a user on the search engine might be looking for as answers to their queries. The focus should also be on creating a fresh and interesting content piece that will grab the imagination of the user and prompt him to go through the content. Creating content takes a lot of time and resources but the efforts will be paid off in full when customers start thronging your website for purchasing the goods or services that you have to offer.
SEO marketing factors that can help you improve search rankings
- Title Tag: There is a title tag to every page and this tells the search engine what the page consists of. An ideal title tag has to be less than or equal to 70 characters which ideally includes the keyword as well as the name of the business.
- Meta Description: The meta description tells the search engine a bit more about what the page is about. Human visitors also read the meta description for understanding the contents of the page. The meta description should be inclusive of the keyword and furnish enough details about the contents of the page.
- Sub-headings: Sub-headings make the content easier to read and this activity helps SEO marketing. Ask your agency to create H1, H2 and H3 tags for the search engines to go through and understand your site.
- Internal Links: Internal links are also known as hyperlinks and these can help the search engine to learn a lot more about your site.
- Image Name and ALT tags: If you happen to use images on your website, do include the keyword or the phrase in the description field of the image. This will assist the search engine to index the site better.
If you are looking for an agency that offers SEO marketing services in India then you will do good to select iBrandox as your SEO marketing partner. The agency has deep experience and understanding of the task at hand and is the best SEO marketing company in the NCR region.
Read Useful: How to Optimize Google My Business Listing?