Over the course of time, from big data to banners, digital marketing has been adapting continuously in order to meet the needs and wants of both brands as well as their customers. Here, today, overall connectivity and digital infrastructure have ensured that these changes happen faster. Once, data-based marketing, artificial intelligence, and optimization based on voice search were considered ridiculous. However, with time the future of digital marketing cannot do without them.
Here are some of the future digital marketing trends;
- Artificial Intelligence: AI is useful in the analysis of customer behavior and processing search patterns. It can also use the data from different platforms of social media along with blog post analysis so that businesses can understand the manner in which customers from different demographics seek out their businesses. Chatbots, which are already on the sites of companies big and small, will find increased patronage in the future.
- Programmatic Advertising: Programmatic advertising essentially involves the use of AI to automate the process of ad buying so that specific audiences can be targeted. In the future, this efficient and fast automation process will be increasingly used to bring about higher conversion rates and a lower cost of customer acquisition. It is estimated that in the future, over 85% of digital advertisements will be programmatic.
- Chatbots: Chatbots nowadays can be found on virtually most sites of companies and their role is set to get larger in the next few years. Chatbots employ AI-based technologies, using instant messaging to communicate with customers 24x7. Their best benefits are instant responses to queries and providing answers to questions.
- Conversational Marketing: The future of digital marketing is conversational marketing. Potential customers will prefer to chat with either a chatbot or a company representative, getting to know the company and its services before converting to a client.
- Personalization: Generic advertisement will give way to one-on-one personalized marketing. Customer wants and desires are individualistic in nature and this will see personalized content, emails, products, and more.
- Video Marketing: One of the most important trends in digital marketing of the future will be video marketing and it will stay this way over the next five to ten years. It is not just YouTube that will patronize this service, most companies, big and small, will resort to video marketing to advertise and sell their products.
- Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing happens to be a sort of word-of-mouth campaigning and marketing where key social influencers will ramp up the message of a particular brand to the people who follow them on social media. YouTube and Instagram influencers have their own separate niches where their word and recommendations are instrumental in deciding follower opinion.
- Social Messaging Apps: Consider these figures; 10 billion messages are exchanged between consumers and businesses on Facebook messenger each and every month. Whatsapp sees 55 billion messages exchanged between users every day. These figures cannot be ignored by digital marketing firms and the future will see the marketing of company products and services through these channels in a big way.
- Visual Search: Visual search is going to be big in the future where people will upload images of their liking in order to run a search and will be able to obtain more specific results. An example of this is the feature “Lens” employed by Pinterest that empowers users to snap a photo of a particular item and from there, find out where they can buy it online.
- Micro-Moment: This is a new concept that has the potential to take digital marketing to whole new heights in the future. A micro-moment happens to be an intent-rich moment where a consumer will turn to his/her device, mostly a smartphone, to act upon a need. This need is of four types- to know, to go, to do, and to buy. Digital marketing will increasingly be reshaping itself to act on these impulses of the potential customer.
- Smart Speakers and Voice Search: In the future, keyword-based searches will give way to voice-based searches powered by the increasing capabilities of smart speakers like Google Dot, Alexa, and Siri. This has been made possible by the AI getting a lot smarter than before which results in the voice assistants making much fewer mistakes.
- Content Marketing: Content is going to dominate the battle for grabbing eyeballs. Well-written and relevant content will have its takers in the future as much, if not even more than what is now. Digital marketing will continue to rely on content well into the future because of the compelling power of the written word.
These future trends in digital marketing ensure that you will need the services of a premium digital marketing agency in Delhi like iBrandox in the future. Already a go-to agency for many well-known brands, iBrandox has the talent, foresight, and expertise to give wings to your digital marketing campaign.
India | Gurgaon | Delhi | Noida | Mumbai | Bangalore | Jaipur | Ahmedabad | Singapore