Responsive website designing is all about creating a website, which can easily adapt itself in accordance with the device it is being accessed on. Thus, every time you try to access a website on your mobile phone, smartphone, tablet, or PC, the site would be both easy to access and navigate. As a result, the user is able to view the contents and images of the site without any interruption.Challenges:
Responsive website designing has changed the way people access a company’s website and search for information. Given that an increased number of people are now using mobile phones, tablets, and smartphones, companies have no other option but to create a responsively designed website that further allows them to better connect with their existing and potential clients. A responsively designed website offers ease of navigation and enhances user experience across different platforms. Here, find out more about what is responsive website designing and the challenges it brings along with it.
- Navigation Issues: An easy-to-navigate site will automatically help companies attract visitors and clients from across the globe. This is especially true for websites with complex structures. When it comes to designing a responsive website, web design companies need to reconsider the entire navigation concept. Right from spending extra time in structuring self-explanatory as well as intuitive navigation, website designers also need to study the content architecture and user behavior with regard to site browsing. This can be quite a task for web designers as they will have to carry out a number of navigation testing on different mediums to design an appropriate and responsive website.
- Icons and Background Imaging: Images are important for enhancing user experience. In the case of a responsively designed website, the icons and images must be flexible and further ensure that users are able to load high-end graphics on various devices. Thus, website developers need to ensure that the images and graphics aren’t blurry and clearly visible. Web developers must see to it that the icons and images are easily scalable and load really fast. This will help businesses attract more visitors, as users will find it easy to load the site on their smartphones and tablets.
- Data Visibility on Small-Sized Screens: Companies that provide a lot of data and information through their business websites must create a site that allows users to view data and information on their small-sized screens easily. This can be a daunting task for web developers, especially where there is excessive usage of tables and grids. Thus, website designers need to create a responsive website, which allows users to horizontally scroll the site and view tables, charts, and grids in a compact form.
- Longer Time to Design, Develop, and Test: Given that a responsively designed site must function properly on different devices and offer enhanced functionality and navigation, the web developers must spend a great deal of time in creating, developing, and further testing the site. Typically, a responsive website requires twice as much time in comparison to a regular website.
- Removing and Hiding Content: Websites that contain complex User Interface elements, multiple forms, calculators, tables, advanced features for searching, and dashboards among other important elements can pose a huge problem before web developers. Such websites require web designers at leading web developing companies such as iBrandox to engage in excessive content management and brainstorming. This leaves them with no scope but to remove or hide content and information from the users. However, many users feel that they must have access to the entire data and information, especially when they are browsing the site on their mobile phones or smartphones. This comes across as a major challenge for web developers since they have to do a lot of planning and create a version that allows users/visitors to view the site with ease.
In a nutshell, not every company understands the true significance and importance of a responsive website. While it definitely enhances user experience, it poses a number of challenges before the web designers, in terms of ensuring that the site is easy to view and navigate for users on almost all types of devices. Therefore, it is important that companies seek the services of professional web developers at reputed web development agencies like iBrandox and acquire a truly potent and responsive website designing
that meets their exact requirements.