In April 2015, Google launched its new update which stated that all those websites that are not responsive and non-mobile friendly will begin to witness a significant drop in the SERPS. Google also announced that it will favor responsive websites by ensuring that they figure more prominently on the search results, while those that are not responsive will be penalized.
This initiative of Google coincided with the advent of Smartphones and mobile-friendly websites.
Google’s word was law since it dominates over 80% of the mobile search volume. Now, if your company relies on business from or receives business from search engine traffic, then what Google has said must be taken seriously into account.
With mobile web traffic expected to reach above 95% by 2023 as per a survey report, a responsive website will become a must. When it comes to designing such a website, iBrandox, a top web designing company, will make for an ideal choice.
What’s a Responsive Website?
It refers to a website that adapts to any screen size of devices ranging from Tablet to Mobile and Desktop. Its responsive design adapts to the device that the user is using to access the website; images, text, and the rest of the content automatically get adjusted to accommodate the screen size of the device.
With the trend increasing toward mobile internet, it is essential that a website is responsive. Around 40% of Smartphone and tablet owners regularly search for B2B products and services on their devices.
An Adobe research study has revealed that more than 40% of website visitors stop using a website if its layout is unattractive and unresponsive.
Why your Website should be Responsive?
- Ensures One Website: In today’s era of multiple devices from laptops to desktops, tablets, Mobile, and more, it’s advisable for any company to have only one website. This is possible with only a responsive website because its design is the only one that can adjust and adapt to all screen sizes.
- Preferred for SEO: Google recommends that a Website be responsible for it greatly improving its SEO ranking. Further, Google incentivizes positive user experience on the web and has separate algorithms for mobile websites that centers on bounce rate and click-back times.
- Load More Quickly: The in-built mechanism of a responsive website means it’s able to load more quickly on all types of devices. Further, the design of the site ensures that its content adapts to the size of the device’s screen, allowing the web pages to be viewed faster and better without the user needing to scroll from side to side. This in turn helps improve user experience.
- Facilitates Lesser Bounce Rate: Today’s site users are smart and impatient, and have little time for sites that are non-responsive, or badly designed and old with shoddy graphics. They also cannot tolerate scrolling down for hours just to get to something like product details or contact forms. If and when they encounter such sites, they immediately ‘bounce off’ and proceed to the next website.
- Allows Tracking of Visitors: A responsive website allows you to see who visits the site, which in turn will allow you to improve visitor targeting. On the other hand, multiple versions of the site make it more challenging to track analytics.
- Can be Managed Easily: A responsive website requires single Title-Tags, Meta Tags, Descriptions, etc, for all kinds of devices. Facilitating a single website eliminates the need to have different campaigns for promoting your business. Further, it ensures that any changes made on the website will appear on all devices which means different admin panels will not be required.
- Is Extremely Cost-Effective: The fact that a responsive website can easily fit in with the need of all gadgets, makes it extremely cost-effective. On the other hand, a site developed solely for mobile devices will extract more costs than the main website for desktop devices.
- Offers Pay-Per-Click Benefits: Recently, Google Adwords has converted the Web to ‘Enhanced Campaigns. This means that the targeting of various devices will be treated the same way. With a responsive web design, it becomes a whole lot easier to manage your PPC. Businesses will enjoy more flexibility and control over how they can reach customers, especially the ones on mobile devices.
- Sustains Visitor's Interest: Website visitors are more likely to remain or re-visit a website that has been designed to be optimized to whatever devices they are using to access it. On the other hand, sites that are not responsive and not attuned to the requirements of users are ignored by visitors and also penalized by Google.
- Facilitates Better User-Experience: A responsive website will ensure a more all-around and better user experience that the site visitors will relish. This in turn facilitates greater interaction with site visitors.
According to a recent study by Google’s Think Insights team, a user today has a more a positive experience with responsive websites and is over 67% more likely to buy a product or use a service.
In the era of multiple devices from mobile to laptops and more, a website needs to be responsive and easy to use on every device. Leading web designing company in Delhi, iBrandox specializes in designing fully-responsive websites that adapt to every device, screen size, and operating system and ensuring in the bargain that customers and clients get the required information from any platform and at any time.
Today, it is functionality that holds the key and that creates an optimal visual experience that clients look for. An ultra-responsive website designed by a top web designing company, iBrandox will ensure that the experience will be much more visual and engaging.