Having a high-quality website has become important for almost every business today. In fact, if you are looking to deliver higher value to your customers, you must get a high-performing portal designed by an experienced website development company
such as iBrandox
. However, when it comes to developing a website, every developer will encourage you to opt for a PHP framework to add life to it.
Today, close to 80 percent of the website pages available on the web are supported by PHP. In simple terms, PHP also known as hypertext pre-processor is the programming language that is used for creating web apps and websites. An open-source-based scripting language, PHP is immensely popular for being both secure and stable. But, PHP frameworks have evolved over time, which is why it is crucial to pick the best PHP framework for your website
. In this article, learn more about the top PHP frameworks and how to choose the best one for developing a high-performing website for your business.
First Thing First-Benefits of PHP Framework
In case you are not aware, there are many reasons why you must choose a PHP framework for developing your website. Below, find a couple of benefits of using a PHP framework:
- Offers a basic framework for streamlining web application development. In other words, they are helpful in speeding up the process of development.
- Help in building highly responsive applications and websites that further help businesses to meet their performance requirements.
- Helps in simplifying web app maintenance.
- Automates common website development tasks.
- Safeguards websites from security attacks
10 Best PHP Frameworks
- Laravel: One of the highly trusted, open-source, and free PHP frameworks is Laravel, which launched in 2011. It is capable of handling complex website apps in the most secure manner and at a much faster pace when compared to the others. It simplifies the process of development by simplifying common tasks like sessions, routing, authentication, and caching. Besides, if you are looking to design an enterprise or B2B website that can be easily evolved to adapt to the latest web trends, then Laravel is definitely the right option.
- Symfony: Symfony was introduced in 2005 and has been around for quite some time when compared to the other PHP frameworks. It is a mature and reliable platform that follows the web and PHP standards. It is ideal for creating websites and applications for large-scale enterprises and is very easy to configure and install on almost every platform. It is also one of the most flexible frameworks, which integrates well with big projects such as Drupal.
- CodeIgniter: One of the most popular PHP frameworks, Codelgniter is just around 2MB in terms of size, including documentation. It is excellent for designing dynamic portals. It provides a number of pre-designed modules that enable developers to construct reusable and robust components. It is a straightforward and lightweight PHP framework that is easy to install when compared to other PHP frameworks. It is widely used for its error-handling capability, in-built security tools, MVC architecture as well as simple yet excellent documentation.
- Yii: Yii, also known as ‘Yes’ is a component-based, high-performance PHP framework used for creating modern website applications. It is best suited for all types of web applications and is easy to install. In fact, this PHP framework offers robust security, which makes it excellent for developing e-commerce portals, projects, forums, portals, etc. It allows developers to avoid writing repetitive and complex SQL statements.
- CakePHP: This particular PHP framework helps in the development of visually appealing and feature-rich websites. It can be easily installed and is excellent for designing commercial applications, particularly owing to its security features. Some of its other key features are a modern framework, class inheritance, and quick builds as well as validation. It also offers great documentation, numerous support portals, and excellent support via Cake Development Corporation.
- Phalcon: The Phalcon PHP framework uses MVC architecture and was originally created in C as well as C++ during its release in 2012. Given that it is delivered in the form of C-extension, one doesn’t have to bother about understanding the complexities of C programming language. It can be easily installed and is perfect for developing easy-to-configure website applications. Its main features are the higher speed of execution, asset management, security, caching, and universal autoloader.
- FuelPHP: A feature-rich and flexible PHP framework, FuelPHP supports the MVC architecture and has its very own version known as the HMVC or the hierarchical model view controller. As opposed to the MVC, in the HMVC the content isn’t required to be duplicated to be shown on different pages. This is precisely why it consumes very little memory and time. It enables developers to offer end-to-end website solutions, which are diverse in complexities and size.
- PHPixie: Similar to FuelPHP, PHPixies also use the HMVC pattern. It aims at creating a high-performing framework for websites that are in read-only format. It is easy to use and is ideal for building social networking portals, custom web apps as well as web application development solutions.
- Slim: With Slim, developers can build simple yet powerful website apps and APIs. Its main features are a session, URL routing as well as cookie encryption, and HTTP caching among others. It is a user-friendly PHP framework that offers excellent documentation and active maintenance features.
- Zend: With Zend, you get a host of features like an easy-to-use drag & drop editor, Database Wizards that is connected, cryptographic coding, debugging tools that work instantly, etc. It is majorly used for developing complex websites since it offers a number of options for configuration.
How to Pick the Best PHP Framework?
Every framework comes with its own advantages and weaknesses, which vary in accordance with the documentation, community as well as database that they support. Hence, the ideal way to choose the best framework depends on numerous factors like security, how easy they are to use, documentation, scalability, etc. This is why it is important to first assess your application or project requirements and then opt for a PHP framework that matches your key requirements.
Need PHP framework development services
for your website? If yes, then connect with PHP development experts at iBrandox!