Over the years, digital marketing has emerged as the most powerful form of marketing ever known. Internet users have been pegged at 4.6 billion over the world and this goes to show that there is a lot of potential for online marketing that will see businesses earning far more than they had in the past. SEO or Search Engine Optimization has emerged as the means for business growth because the majority of online traffic is generated via search engines, predominantly Google. In this context, here’s a look at the best SEO trends of 2021.
- Impact of AI: Google has been using BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representations Transformers) over the last two years but it is only in recent times that the import of this technology along with its potency has become apparent. BERT is a technique using neural networks that helps Google to decipher the context of the words in a search query. Also, close to 40% of organizations and businesses are using AI. With the projected income from AI pegged at $118 billion by 2025, do not harbor doubt that AI will have a deep impact on SEO.
- Improved User Experience (UX): User experience happens to be the overriding aspect of any service or product that is purchased. For example, 88% of shoppers will not return to a portal if they have a bad experience. Also, 70% of businesses that are online will fail because of bad UX. This indicates that UX testing along with fashioning an attractive User Interface is of paramount importance. Some of the things that can be done are making sure that loading times are very fast, encouraging seamless exploration, ease of navigation, high-quality image usage, user-friendly sitemaps and URL, streamlined website design, and so forth.
- Local SEO: As far as digital marketing is concerned; local SEO is of prime importance. This is because local results happen to be most relevant to the local users who are looking for merchandise and services locally. Businesses at the top of their game have taken advantage of local SEO and reaped the benefits. Searches like “near me” and “today” have shown a whopping 900% rise from 2019 to 2021. This is a trend that is only going to increase this year and businesses should invest in local SEO. Employing an SEO marketing firm would be the best step to take as they have the tools and the expertise to ramp up your website.
- EAT Concept: As far as SEO is concerned, EAT stands for Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness as enumerated by Google in the Quality Elevator Guidelines. Google has mentioned that it uses Search Quality Raters from a third party, who are deployed all across the world, are highly trained to give feedback that helps Google to comprehend which types of changes will make the Google-search more useful to people like you and me. For a business to utilize this notion, high-quality links, up-to-date content, reviews, Wikipedia page, and quality credentials are some of the things that need to be done.
- Structured Data: Structured data is fast becoming of vital importance, because, with this, the content of a webpage will be better understood by different search engines like Google. Google also happens to offer a Structured Data Testing Tool that a website owner or developer can use so that they can use structured data in their websites. This will enable you to reap rich results from landing pages or websites, coming to rank high on Search Engine Results Pages. If as a business owner, you have a website that offers rich content on the user’s screen, a lasting impression will be made, besides building authority in your niche market.
- Long Tail Keywords: There are many reasons to use long-tail keywords, the most important being that they account for 70% of the total number of web searches. Long-tail keywords are an SEO strategy that can assist your website to outrank all the other competitors, and they offer context to the content you publish besides having a more decent conversion rate of 36%.
- Search Intent: There was a study that showed that with the optimization of the search content, there was a 677% increase in the organic traffic, in just about six months. Search intent stands for the reason why the person made the search query. Search intent is tied to the product or service that they desire to find, learn or purchase. So, this year, expect that technologies like BERT and NLP will rule the roost as far as SEO is concerned.
If you are a business owner with a website, you will need the help of an expert SEO company like iBrandox to help make your website SEO friendly and improve traffic. Having many years of experience, they are in the perfect position to give credence and authority to your website with state-of-the-art SEO tactics.
India | Gurgaon | Delhi | Noida | Mumbai | Bangalore | Jaipur | Ahmedabad | Singapore